1 in 133

1in133.org - Support Gluten-Free Food Labeling

Monday, February 21, 2011

Yeah I know lots of snow and no updates.
I did other stuff.
Like worked on a star shaped afghan.
And ate ice cream, lots of ice cream.
Eric and I are both trying to lose weight so I've been doing a lot of whole foods instead of gluten free substitutes i.e. bread, pasta, and the like. Therefore we have had a lot of seasonal fruits and veggies and meats. I have also been using a tons of spices to cut Eric down on his salt intake. I'm sure he doesn't really have that much salt but it looks like a ton to me so I am coming up with ways to stop that, like tell him that, "I totally salted the broccoli before serving it."
This is nice because I think I've mentioned before we received Omaha Steaks as a Christmas gift so I am learning different things to do with them.
Also I made a fruit salad or two that we have been snacking on. I love berries and it's awesome that they are in season right now, and when they aren't I buy the frozen ones.
My quick fruit salad
A large container of strawberries (Way more than a pint)
A container of blueberries (I think a pint)
A container of blackberries (I think a pint)
Wash all the fruit (a tiny bit of apple cider vinegar and a lot of water). Cut up the strawberries, mix all the fruit well and enjoy!
Also resist the urge to sing the Wiggles song fruit salad. Then realize you may have stayed in early childhood education too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment