1 in 133

1in133.org - Support Gluten-Free Food Labeling

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dinner Last Night

I made a humongous dinner last night. Well in my own terms, I'm used to cooking for two and I doubled it for four people. It wasn't that hard and I think it came out cheaper.
We had roast beef, which fell apart upon me trying to slice it to serve, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and biscuits.
The roast got thrown in the crockpot with a sliced yellow onion and three or four cloves of garlic. I seasoned the roast before hand with pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Cost for four people= $1.50/ person
The biscuits are the gf Bisquick which takes an ENTIRE box but makes about 2 dozen biscuits. Which is about $0.22 per biscuit.
The gravy was some gf flour mixed with the drippings from the roast. $0.05
The corn comes out to around $0.005 per person
So per person that is $1.775 per person;
So $7.10 for four people;
and since the are leftovers I get another couple of meals out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment